The earliest written reference to the church is to be found in a document dated 1161, signed by Thomas a’Becket, who lived in Berkhamsted castle at that time. The main body of the church was built between 1370 and 1450 although the tower is probably of a little earlier date. It has undergone many changes since then, being extended in 1812, restored and re-modelled in 1876, extended again in 1964 and underwent major repairs in 1991.
Date Listed: 30 November 1966
English Heritage Building ID: 157710
OS Grid Reference: SP9978813820
OS Grid Coordinates: 499788, 213820
Latitude/Longitude: 51.8141, -0.553
Photographs by Daniel and Thelma